Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fusion concert

Those of you who read this from Facebook will probably realise that tomorrow is an historic day for me: my first premier as a professional composer. Well, 'professional' as in, I was commissioned, not that I make my livelihood from it.

It's not true to say that I've always wanted to do something like this, but maybe I've wanted to do something like this for half-ish of my life.

When I invite people, it's to let them share in my pride (or suffer my arrogance, as the case may be). It means a lot to me, that I invite the people close to me, so that they have an opportunity to see an important part of my life.

Whether you come or not, for whatever reason, I hope that at least you can rejoice with me that one of my dreams is being fulfilled.

Peter

No comments: