Thursday, April 9, 2009

Incomplete Insurance

So I got myself some contents insurance. But for some reason, the policy doesn't cover acts of terrorism. I thought that was the exact sort of thing that it should cover. Big, unlikely events. But no. War and terrorism are excluded. I guess that's ok, since they are really rather unlikely even on the scale of unlikely things. And they aren't much more costly (in terms of my contents) than plain old burglary. So I'm not too worried. Although my flatmate reckons that I'm more at risk because I'm American. Maybe so, but even still, my point holds. I think.

Peter

1 comment:

pxsarkany said...

Also, I was reading in Sociology class about how people fear the wrong things. People tend to fear big horrific things like murder and getting mugged, whereas poverty is a bigger risk...