Friday, August 22, 2008

A Waking Dream

So I got new guitar DSP software. So so so sweet. Line6 Gearbox!

Three mad Diezel emulations, excellent pitch shiftifies, distortion pedal emulations and much more that I haven't even explored yet. Tons of amp emulations, include bass amps and all kinds of rad stuff.

The Diezel amp sound is so sick. Like the unknown gluten intolerance days. Just sound, vomit and anger.

I'm still having trouble getting the drivers for the little boxy hardware thing working, but that's peanuts compared to the DSP cheese cake.

On a scale of 1 to Rock and Roll, this goes to 11.

I'm thrilled.

I'll have to write some rad songs that take advantage of my new ranges of guitar sound now. Probably the coolest part will be using multiple instances for individual parts of the processing so I can add in other stuff in between to create extreme sounds that will take over the world.

Hear that?

I'm gonna take over the world. And now I am ready to enact stage 3 of my dastardly plan.

Rock on over and out,
Peter

No comments: